Pages

Monday 17 April 2023

Museums and More

Yesterday was a busy day. It was also moving day. It was my last day in Edinburgh before heading over to Glasgow to meet up with my group of researchers. I got a later start to the day, needing to pack first. Then I stopped in at Clarinda's Tearoom for a bite to eat. 


Clarinda's is in the Canongate and so I continued my way up the Royal Mile. 

From Clarinda's I went into the People's Story Museum. This is an incredibly well curated walk through social history of the people of Edinburgh. 




Then it was over to Surgeon's Hall. 




They currently have an exhibit on the history of midwifery which was fantastic. Once again I was reminded about how I wish had had the opportunity to study midwifery in school. It wasn't available. 

My real reason in going to the Surgeon's Hall was to join a guided walking tour of the old town and its association with the history of medicine in Edinburgh, and in many cases, in the whole of Scotland. 



Before I knew it, it was time to collect my luggage and catch the train to Glasgow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment