Pages

Monday 24 April 2023

Dublin

This morning I flew from Glasgow to Dublin. Slight delay leaving Glasgow but we made up some time en route. The rain was just tapering off when the plane landed. 

The express bus wasn’t going anywhere near my B&B so I was directed to the stand of city buses. However, unlike Scotland, the city buses don’t take cards. Exact change only, which meant a stop off at a shop to purchase my ticket using a card. 

The bus was fully packed so I needed to stand. It was quite the balancing act especially when the bus turned a corner. On top of that, my standing spot was directly below the heating vents. I was sweltering. 

Dropped the luggage at the B&B (up 4 flights of stairs). Then I headed down to the Docklands. I made my way over to EPIC, the emigration museum. 





The museum is incredibly interactive which was great to see. There was more focus in the Irish influence across the globe than on the emigrant’s story but again, it was very well done. 

From EPIC, I decided it was time for some food. Had a terrific meal at The Harbourmaster. 



From there, I wandered down to the city centre to take in some of the sights: 

Ha’penny Bridge





O’Connell Bridge 




Temple Bar 



I managed to miss my stop on the way back from the city centre, so had a rather lengthy tour of the suburbs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment