Pages

Friday 14 April 2023

Are we There Yet?

 I rented a car at the airport so I could get to Paisley and Airdrie. 


To drop the car in Edinburgh was going to double my fee. So, from the hospital it was back to the airport, onto the express bus to the city centre. Off at Queen Street Station and onto the train to Edinburgh. 


The train was definitely not the express train it stopped often. But these stops provided a raw familiarity with my own family’s history. The Crawfords have history here. Coatbridge, Airdrie, Caldercruix, Bathgate. 

At long last I was in Edinburgh and after a not so quick jaunt pushing wheeled luggage over cobbled stones, I was at the hotel. I was knackered. But also starving. 



A quick bite, a relaxing shower and the last half of a Vera rerun and I was off to slumberland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment