Pages

Wednesday 12 April 2023

Best Laid Plans

I like to arrive a few days ahead of a tour. This allows me to see parts of Scotland I haven’t yet seen, visit attractions or connect with family and colleagues. 

This time I am flying Aer Lingus. Primarily because the price was right and the airline is reputable. I fly from Toronto to Dublin and then Dublin to Glasgow. There’s an over stopover on the way to Scotland. Essentially enough time to get from one gate to the next. 

I’m scheduled to arrive in Glasgow at 8 am so made plans to connect with family and colleagues before heading to Edinburgh. After all, check in isn’t until 3, so plenty of time. Or so I thought. 

Thirty minutes before I was going to leave for the airport, I received an alert that the flight was delayed by an hour and that I should call the airline about connecting flights. Knowing I had a tight squeeze between flights, I called the airline. They had no information about the delay. After 15 on hold, I was told the next available flight from Glasgow is 10:30 instead of 6:30. Aaarrrrggghhhh. 

That then meant rescheduling my entire day. Thanks, Aer Lingus. Of course they don’t care.

I made it to the airport and through security with relative ease. Then I bed-lined to my favourite airport pub, Fionn MacCools. First pint went down a treat. Now I’m ready to “roll with it”

Traveling is always an adventure but not always stress free. 

Scotland, here I come. Even if several hours later than planned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment