Pages

Friday 14 April 2023

Connecting

After a long, protracted day of travel, I was finally on home soil and it was time to make connections. One of my favourite parts of returning to Scotland. 

From Glasgow airport it was a short jaunt over to the Paisley Heritage Centre to finally meet Peter and Iain in person. These gentlemen have been an incredible resource and support for those of us researching our Paisley ancestors and have faithfully joined our drop in group each moth of answer questions and offer suggestions. And of course their banter makes the hours just so much fun. 



From the Heritage Centre it was over to Airdrie to visit my cousin in hospital. I have been so incredibly worried about her. Just seeing her put my mind and heart at peace. Honestly connecting with family is just so soul restoring. We just had a stolen hour together but it was full of laughs and sharing memories.

After leaving the hospital it was back to the business of getting to my destination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment