Pages

Saturday 15 April 2023

It’s Good to be Back

Oh how I have missed Edinburgh. I had planned to do some research but once here decided just to enjoy the town. I walked to the High Street and walked the top half, taking in the sights, sounds and smells. 



I met a colleague for a coffee and a catch up at the cafe at Gladstone’s Land. Like many places in Scotland the cafe is dog friendly so I was able to enjoy the company of this sweet lass:

Then I wandered in and out of the closes 


and stopped in at the Writer’s Museum for a long overdue visit 



From there, I made my way to Edinburgh’s most famous street. No, not Princes Street, but rather, Victoria Street.


A stop off at Bertie’s Proper Fish & Chips for a feast of Iceland Haddock & chips




before wandering the rest of the way down to the Grassmarket. It was lovely to see so many people out enjoying the patios. Dessert was from the very famous Mary’s Milk Bar.



I wandered back up Candlemaker Row. I went over to Quartermile, where I am normally stationed while in Edinburgh. 



Back to South Bridge and to the hotel to get ready for the bus ride to spend the evening with family. We got caught up then spent at least an hour watching old home movies that I had received from my cousin and had converted to digital. These evoked memories, stories and loads of laughs. It was just a wonderful night. My soul is restored and my heart is full once again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment