Pages

Friday 9 September 2022

What a DAY!!

I left my wee bolt hole outside Haddington today and took the bus to Edinburgh where I caught the train to Fife. 


Once I arrived in Fife, I called for a taxi, only to discover that there wasn't one to be had. Between a cruise ship in port at Rosyth and the extensive road closures to accommodate the Royal Family's arrival ahead of the Queen's casket coming to lie in State at St Giles, all of the taxis were in use. So, I was left with the option of walking. 




According to Google, the walk was 15 minutes on a 'mostly flat' route. I call BS on that. It was, in fact, completely up (winding) hill(s). At the 40 minute mark, I was faced with 10 flights of concrete stairs to descend. With luggage. Fortunately a man walking his dog appeared out of nowhere, and carried the luggage down the last three flights for me. From there is was a mostly flat route to the driveway of the hotel. 

After a shower and change of clothes, it was time to meet Frances Black for a catch-up and meal. 

I have already booked the taxi for tomorrow morning so I can get to the train station on time, and not have to lug the suitcase up a thousand stairs. 



No comments:

Post a Comment