Pages

Monday 12 September 2022

Nearing the End

 

The last two and a half years have really knocked the stuffing out of my business. And having been fortunate enough to have survived the last two and a half years, I have come to the realization that Genealogy Tours of Scotland's time is quickly coming to an end. 

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Scotland. And I have loved introducing people to their homeland in a way that has connected them on a deeper level than most of them thought possible. But the pandemic was hard work. Scheduling, rescheduling and rescheduling tours. And the complete debacle that has played out at the NRS has essentially crippled my opportunities for tours going forward. 

As well, we are all two years older, and our life circumstances or health may have changed drastically. Those who have been fortunate enough not to have had their health or finances severely impacted, are reluctant to travel. And that has added a great deal of work for me as well. I have done a great deal of thinking, soul searching, and weighing of options but have come to the decision that it's time to start wrapping things up. 

I also made the decision back at the beginning of the year, when the world started to feel as though it was opening back up, that I wanted to start knocking things off my bucket list. None of us know how much longer we will be healthy enough to travel. And, so while I still can, I want to travel to places other than Scotland. 

The 2023 Glasgow Tour will still take place. However, it may well be the last one. At the very least, it will be second to last. 

I know many of you who I refer to as my "repeat offenders" and have been with me on more than one tour, are well versed in how to research and will manage on your own. Several already have. But for those who have been thinking and mulling and wondering, you may want to decide while the opportunity still exists.

 

GLASGOW TOUR 2023

APRIL 16-22, 2023

$2200 cnd

 

Edinburgh tours are out of the question. The NRS has made any group research virtually impossible.

The Glasgow tour is scheduled for April 2023. We will be staying at the Glasgow Marriott, which is within walking distance of the Mitchell. However, taxis are always available.

The week will offer 5 days of research. Three full days at the Mitchell and a half day at each of the GWSFHS and the LFHS. 

Tour fees include hotel fees, which will be payable directly to the hotel. Nonresearching companions are most welcome and will cost an additional £10 per day, payable to the hotel. Non researchers do not count in the final tally of spaces available, which is capped at 10 research spaces. Currently there are 6 spaces left. As always, these will be filled on a first come first served basis.

 

REGISTER HERE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment