Pages

Monday 19 September 2022

Transition Day

Saturday was a day of transition. It was check out day for the tour. I was able to spend the morning shuttling the participants to the ferry for their next adventure or to new digs for a longer stay in Orkney. 

Unfortunately the ferry for Lerwick doesn't leave until nearly midnight so filling the day was a long, tedious process. Since I still had the car, I could have done some sightseeing, but in reality, there wasn't anywhere left to see. As a group. we had pretty well covered it all. 

And the weather didn't add to the day. We were so fortunate that when we had rain, it was either a brief sprinkle (or a few of them) during the day and maybe a steadier one at night. Not so on Saturday. It was a steady rain with regular downpours. 

Finally the time arrived and I headed to the pier. A short distance off the roundabout and I was flagged down my police. I had forgotten to turn my lights on. It was evident that I was missing my trusty co-pilot, Nancy, who had kept on top of these details for me through the week!

Dropped the car, walked the half mile to the terminal and checked in. Before long I was cozily in my cabin and ready for some sleep. 



No comments:

Post a Comment