Pages

Friday 2 September 2022

Tea with the Queen

 

My trip to BC was to have taken place in the fall of 2020, ahead of an Alaskan Cruise. The world had other plans. Now that travel was happening once again, I wanted to take the opportunity to connect with cousins who had kept me sane during the past two plus years. 

I also wanted to see my aunt. My cousin and I decided to treat ourselves and my aunt to Tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria. What a fun time!


Before I left for BC, I ordered fancy hats for us to wear as a lark. That decision was the best decision. People stopped us to comment on how beautiful our hats were. Others asked to take our photo and some even asked to pose for photos with us. The hats provided a bit of celebrity status and really turned the tea into a highly memorable event. 



Life is all about experiences and creating memories. Once we are no longer here, those we leave behind are left with nothing more than memories and experiences. Our Tea at the Empress certainly provided amazing memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment