Pages

Monday 5 September 2022

Hello Glasgow! So Good to be Back

Our flight was delayed by a half hour last night. In reality is was closer to an hour by the time we boarded and took off. As a result we were later arriving. My preference, always, is to arrive before 9. We landed about 10:15. 


By the time I got from the airport to the hotel it was almost 11:30. The good news was that the room was ready and I could unpack and change into more summery clothes. I honestly don't recall a time when I have been dressed "too warmly" for Glasgow. The weather was glorious. Sunny and warm. 

I had prearranged to meet up with Dr Irene O'Brien for lunch so headed to the Mitchell. We had a lovely visit and, as a result, completely lost track of time. That then meant that I missed the guided walking tour of Merchant City, so will need to wait until April to take that in. However, I was able to plan my research time at the Mitchell in April and I was also able to arrange for Irene to present a talk to the Scottish SIG early next year. 

From the Mitchell I walked back to my hotel in Merchant City. I do love the murals in Glasgow



Being in Merchant City means no lack of choice for a meal. I wandered up to Merchant Chippie. While it was quite good, I was disappointed that they didn't have proper "sauce" 

It has been wonderful being back in Glasgow. Sadly only one day on either end of this trip. Hoping I can stay awake long enough to make the GWSFHS Council meeting this evening. So far, not holding out a lot of hope. 




2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there!
    Weather here is cool and damp.
    Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That someone who bought you 5 beers c’est moi! Glad you’re going to help me tear down my brick wall! Love, brother Greg

    ReplyDelete