The Glasgow Cattle and Meat Market, Gallowgate and Graham Square, Calton
The principle entrance to the Cattle and Meat Market
Bust of a bull shows the purpose of the building
Entrance to the original meat market and stalls
Cattle and sheep sheds
Bust of a ram shows that sheep are also sold and traded here
The architect for the meat market entrances was John Carrick. They were built in 1875. This was a hub of activity for farmers, drovers, butchers and businessmen of the day.