In addition to dedicated research time, there will be time to explore Edinburgh - a city rich in history. The hotel is centrally located, making it easy to walk to Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile and the Grassmarket.
Days of research will take place at Scotland'sPeople Centre (you can also book time in the Historical Search Room) and the National Library. Time at the NLS Maps Building is also available. Daily fees for these research days are included in the tour fees. However, copies and downloads are not included.
The hotel rooms have a dedicated work space where you can set up your research station. Breakfast is available every morning, and the rooms are equipped with a kitchenette. There is a Starbucks and a Sainsburys grocery store on the same complex as the hotel. There are a number of eateries within a short walk from the hotel.
Tour Fees Include:
- pre-tour preparation webinars
- pre-tour preparation package
- assistance to plan a visit to your ancestral part of Scotland
- 7 nights accommodation
- 7 full breakfasts
- Overview of records in each facility
- 5 full days of research
- daily research fees
- daily transportation to research facilities
- optional evening tours
- evening at the Taste of Scotland dinner and show