Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Our Last Day

Hard to believe today is our last day. I have been here nearly three weeks and the kids have been here nearly a week. It has also been nearly a week since Amber left. We have had a jam packed week: The Taste of Scotland Show, Dynamic Earth, Edinburgh & Stirling Castles, the bus tour, Britannia, the cruise down the Forth, the Falkirk Wheel and the Wallace Monument. Not to mention shopping shopping and more shopping.

Today was the Salisbury Craggs, better known as Arthur's Seat. As soon as Christopher saw Arthur's seat from the tour bus, he said he wanted to climb it. So, today was the day. We did some quick shopping this morning then took the bus down to Holyrood. Christopher was gung-ho:



"Mom, there's a bench up here" (NOT)

I was a bit surprised that the path is so steep right off the hop. I had imagined it to have a more gradual slope to it.

Pit stop to re-charge

And mom gets left on the shelf

And Heather is off to try and catch up with her brother

I sat for a few minutes and then I was ready to head out again. I made it about 3/4 of the way up then sat and waited for the kids to come back down. Christopher had taken my camera to the top to get some pictures







Once we got back down, we decided it was time to treat ourselves


Then it was back to the hotel to get ready to go and have one last visit with Cathy & Dod. The kids were really looking forward to seeing them.



We were back to the hotel in time to Skype daddy for the last time. In less than 12 hours we will be back home in Brantford!! It has been an amazing experience and I have really enjoyed being on my own schedule and being able to work on family history, travel to ancestral haunts and to share my homeland and family with Amber and then again with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment