Pages

Friday 4 January 2019

SEEKING INTEREST IN A GENEALOGY TOUR TO STIRLING/PERTH

Are Your Roots in Central Scotland?



I recently sent out a poll asking people about specific localized regions that might be of interest for a future genealogy tour. Based on the results of the poll, I am seeking interest in three specific areas for a future tour. Like the Highland tour, these will likely be a one-off rather than ongoing.
The final place that came through with strong interest was the Stirling/Perth area. If I get enough interest, I will organize a tour.
 
There are archives at Stirling University, Council archives in both Stirling and Perth and the Central Scotland Family History Society in Stirling. Anyone who wishes to could manage a day trip to Dundee or Fife if your ancestors are from those areas.

In addition to research time, I would offer the opportunity to see the major points of interest Stirling: Stirling Castle, Bannockburn, Falkirk: the Kelpies, the Falkirk Wheel, Perth: Scone Palace

The tour would likely be a week in length. Getting to and from Stirling/Perth would be the tour participant's responsibility.

If you have an interest in researching ancestors in Central Scotland, let me know and I will add you to the list of those interested. I will need about 12-14 people to make this work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment