The tour is scheduled for September 20-27, 2020. Arrival will be on the Sunday and check out on the following Sunday. This will give you a free day to just enjoy the area.
This research trip is specific to the Borders region – the counties of: Berwickshire, Peebleshire, Selkirkshire and Roxburghshire. It does NOT include Dumfries and Galloway or the Solway Coast.
The hotel is in historic Melrose. The Abbey is next door and Sir Walter Scott is buried there. Melrose Abbey is the burial place of Robert the Bruce's heart. Abbotsford House was the home of Sir Walter Scott. Trimontium Museum tells the story and history of Roman Scotland. They host guided walking tours of medieval Melrose for a nominal fee.
The tour fees are $2945 canadian. This includes:
- 7 nights hotel
- 7 breakfasts
- 3 days of research at Hawick Heritage Hub
- 1 day of research at the Borders Family History Society
- Transport to and from the research facilities
- Pre-tour preparation and support
- A day trip to some historic sites in the Scottish Borders
** non-researching companions are most welcome to join us on this tour. A discount will be applied if sharing a room with a researcher.