Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2016

One Week Till RootsTech!



In one short week I will be on my way to Salt Lake City to take in the experience that is RootsTech. This will be my first time at RootsTech and I am so looking forward to it.

My time is booked to the max while I am in SLC but I am so grateful for all of the opportunities to meet up with genealogy colleagues that I really only know online. The days are packed with classes, interviews, and of course time in the HUGE Exhibition Hall. But the evenings are no time for slackers.


Tuesday night is the Commonwealth Meet Up for dinner. Tons of thanks to Jill Ball for orchestrating this gathering. 

Wednesday night is the Media Dinner where we get to meet some of the superstars of RootsTech 2016. Following that, I will be running over to the Olive Garden for the Next Generation Genealogy Network (NextGen) Meet Up. This one is being hosted by the Canadian Contingent: Mike Quackenbush, Kathryn Lake Hogan et Moi. I am looking forward to the energy and ideas that will be permeating through the room with all of these young, vibrant minds. 

Thursday night I will be making my way to the apart-hotel of the In-Depth Genealogist Team for a gathering with my fellow writers. This is such a great group and I am so looking forward to the fun. 

Friday night I will be making my way to dinner with the Family Tree University Team where I will be getting to meet up with fellow course instructors, course developers and webinar presenters. I am really looking forward to this one. There are some great learning opportunities available through FTU and I can't wait to hear all about them first hand. 

Saturday night, I and a gaggle of other Genealogy Bloggers will be making our way to the after party hosted by none other than Dear Myrtle. This will be a great opportunity to network with other bloggers and to enjoy the chance to meet in person rather than online. 

AND THEN Sunday morning, I need to arrive at the airport at.....wait for it.....4:30 am. AM. The good news is that the flight from SLC to Chicago is long enough that I hope to catch some shut eye. 

I will be blogging every day and look forward to sharing my experiences with you. Watch this space!

1 comment:

  1. You'll hit the ground running... after all that there'll be no probs getting sleep on your flight home.

    ReplyDelete