Pages

Saturday 2 January 2016

2016's Focus is Scotland and Scottish Heritage

A new year is upon us. Full of opportunity. 

I am so lucky to be living my dream. I never feel like I am working. I love teaching, writing, traveling, learning, connecting and I get to do all of these on a very regular basis. 

I set my own hours and apart from a handful of weeks a year when my schedule is governed by others (tours and conferences) I can choose how to spend my days. 

And in all of this, I get to share my love of my homeland, help others in their quest to learn more about their Scottish ancestors and their own Scottish heritage. 2016 is shaping up to be an amazing year - and the focus will be on Scotland and Scottish heritage. 

There will be the usual webinars and talks, articles to write, blogs to author, conferences to plan or attend, colleagues to collaborate with and two separate trips to Scotland to assist others in their quest to research their Scottish ancestors. 

I am so looking forward to the Scottish SIG Symposium in August  -  a full day of learning about Scottish genealogy. THEN it will just be a matter of weeks until the Great Canadian Genealogy Summit where 5 fantastic Canadian genealogists will share their specialized knowledge with others who are looking to learn more about their ancestors who were among the early settlers of Canada - French Canadians, Loyalists, Irish, English and Scots. 

One new project for me this year will also be done behind the scenes in planning for Canada to host the Scottish North American Leadership Conference in 2017 - to coincide with the 150th anniversary of this diverse nation. 

But first, time to get ready for RootsTech 2016!


No comments:

Post a Comment