Pages

Thursday 24 December 2015

2016 - The Year Ahead

After reviewing what has been a very busy yet very productive year, I turn to look ahead to what 2016 has to offer - so far!

Throughout the year, I will continue to blog, to write for In-Depth Magazine and to be the editor of British Connections, the quarterly newsletter for ISBGFH.

January: The year starts out full of promise with a planning meeting for Canad to host the Scottish North American Leadership Conference in 2017. 

February: The big news this month is RootsTech. This will be my first time at RootsTech and I will be there in the capacity of an Ambassador. I look forward to meeting up with and interviewing some of the genealogy colleagues I only know via the internet.
I will also be hosting the Scottish SIG webinar from RootsTech. Our guest speaker is Maurice Gleeson

March: The guest speaker for the March webinar is Anne Fraser who will be sharing information on the Highland Archives resources. Time will be spent updating handouts and slide presentations for next month. 

April: April's webinar showcases the Glasgow Archives in a presentation by Irene O'Brien. On April 8 I am off to Winnipeg to do some research in the Manitoba Archives. Then I will be presenting a full day of workshops on the 9th before flying out to BC. I will be presenting a full day of workshops to the Kelowna and District Genealogical Society on April 10 then get to spend some down time with cousins and my auntie. Once I return, I will be presenting a webinar for the Ontario Genealogical Society

May: I will lead the first of two genealogy research trips in Edinburgh. I hope to get to see some areas of Scotland I haven't been to before and of course, I look forward to catching up with colleagues, aunts, uncles and cousins. 

June: The first tour continues on into the first week of June. 

July: The month starts off with the Kincardine Scottish Festival. This is always such a fun time. Mid month is the Cambridge Highland Games

August: Still busy on the Highland games circuit with the Fergus Scottish Festival. In addition, I will be hosting and speaking at the third annual Scottish SIG Symposium. And I hope to get to the One World One Family conference as well. 

September: The second genealogy tour to Scotland takes place this month. Once again, I look forward to sharing in the genealogical journeys of those researching their Scottish ancestry. 

October: It's finally HERE! The Great Canadian Genealogy Summit takes place Oct 21-23. 

I look forward to seeing what else gets added into the year. It is always such an adventure. And I am so terribly grateful to be living my dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment