Pages

Monday 10 January 2022

National Letter Writing Week


This is National Letter Writing Week. Letter writing seems to be a bit of a dying art, doesn't it? I used to love writing letters - really newsy ones so that family in Scotland could get a real flavour of our lives here in Canada. And I loved getting letters back.

My mum had a pen pal in Johannesburg through a scheme at her school in Scotland. Although they lost touch over the years, mum still remembered the address that the letters were mailed to.
I was pen pal with my same aged cousin for years. That went by the wayside when technology advanced. But I continued to send letters 'home' to aunts, uncles and my granny.

Are you interested in writing down the stories of your ancestors? Join us in the Kilted Ancestors Facebook group for free monthly themes, weekly prompts and monthly drop in guests via video.

No comments:

Post a Comment