Pages

Sunday 24 March 2013

Getting Closer

Six weeks today and I will be in Glasgow, just ahead of the Genealogy Research Trip in Edinburgh. With the time is getting closer, I decided to make sure my list of what I hope to accomplish is in order. Interestingly, this year's list reads very similar to last year's list! Although I managed a great deal of research last May and was able to fill in a lot of details and to gain a better understanding of the lives of my father's line, I apparently didn't give my "list" much of a glance! Perhaps this year I will do better....

So, once again, I hope to make a visit to Bent Cemetery in Hamilton to see the burial site of my 3X great grandfather and his son. They were killed together in a mining accident.

I want to read through the Kirk Session records to find out more about my gt grandmother and hopefully to ascertain what happened to her first husband.

I also want to get into the Nursing Archives in Edinburgh and the Edinburgh University Library.

I am looking forward to the SAFHS conference in Galashiels and perhaps spending time in the Borders region. 

And of course, I look forward to meeting the rest of the group and to sharing in their research excitement. 

Stay tuned to this blog for daily updates while we are in Scotland.  

No comments:

Post a Comment