Pages

Thursday 24 February 2022

Recovering Memories

 My cousin recently shared a box of photos and slides that had belonged to her mom. Her mom, my aunt was the first in the family to leave Scotland and come to Canada so I knew the treasures that would be in that box. 


I was mulling over how to digitize the slides. I have a scanner that can do that, but it is big. Really big. And it is bulky. It will only take the standard 35mm size slide and some of the slides in the box were sized bigger than that. 

Since technology has advanced considerably since I purchased this scanner, I decided to see if I could use my phone. Off to the App store. 

I discovered an app called SlideScan

This is by Photomyne, which I have used. The app works with the Photomyne backlight on a desktop or laptop. 



From there, it was incredibly seamless. Simply hold the slide up to the backlight, hold the button on the SlideScan app and that's it. The app auto adjusts for glare. 

Some of these slides are 60 years old and not stored in light blocking boxes. I was thrilled with the end product. Truly this has helped us to recover so many wonderful memories. 






No comments:

Post a Comment