Pages

Friday 20 May 2016

Scotland Here I Come

In 72 hours, I will be at the airport, waiting to get on board my flight to London (Gatwick). From Gatwick, I will fly up to Edinburgh, hire a car and be heading north. I have a week in Scotland before the group of participants arrives for our genealogy research time together in Edinburgh. 

In this first week, I will be driving up to Inverness, over to Dornoch and then north again to Scrabster where I will board a ferry for Orkney. I have three full days on the main island of Orkney, with plans to visit the poppy display at St Magnus, Stormness archives, Kirkwall archives, Skara Brae and a number of other historic sites. 

After my time in Orkney, I will be headed back to Edinburgh, hoping to take in the Scottish Crannog Centre along the way. 

Then it will be a day of catching up with Ian Walker of Borders Journeys - we have lots of exciting plans in the works, so stay tuned! After our day of planning, it will be time to meet the participants of the Spring 2016 tour and get ready for our 10 days together.

I will be blogging while I am in Scotland, so be sure to watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment