Pages

Friday 18 April 2014

It's Almost Time

It is almost time for the annual genealogy research tour to Edinburgh. In the final days, last minute preparations are being made. It almost feels like the old Christmas song, having made my list, I find myself checking it twice:

  • Make sure that my Family Tree is up to date. Making it portable. I have it on my laptop that I can access the information in Scotland.
  • Make a list of all of the documents I already have copies or originals of. This will prevent me wasting time searching for information I already have.
  • Knowing I will be able to see births newer than 100 years, marriage records newer than 75 years and death records newer than 50 years, Iwant to make a list of the more recent records to look at while in Edinburgh.
  • Know what each repository has in its collections to assist me further with my research.  
  • Write out my brick walls and thinking about what I want to find out to help break these down.
  • Make sure that my passport is valid and up to date.



  • Remembering to pack my NLS card, my NAS readers ticket and my Glasgow library card.
 
  • Pack extra batteries, camera cards, power cords, USB sticks and and other accessories that I might need for pictures, accessing my family tree and of course, blogging.
 
  • Pack adapters for the change in electrical voltage in Scotland.

  • Pack pencils. Pens are not allowed in the repositories.

No comments:

Post a Comment